Monday 12 May 2014

Weighing The Scales

We live in a kind of society where pretty much everything is labelled. Everyone is judged and there is no stopping it. 

Weight loss can be a tough subject to write about is a lot of insecure people in the world who see themselves bigger than they are and it really is a real shame. 

I am obese, as much as I try to cover up it up and tell myself I'm not, I am. I have always been an overweight child and have always longed to do something about it, but just never have. 

I would love to be able to blame my size on someone else but it truly is no-one's fault but my own. I am responsible for what I eat and how much exercise I do, I don't get food forced down my throat or made to eat anything. It is completely up to me. 

In my opinion, a lot of people confuse beauty and weight. I've heard people say 'you can't be pretty when you're fat' before, first of all fat is a disgusting word. You have fat, you're not fat though. Second of all, you can be pretty whatever size you are! Look at people like Gemma Collins, absolutely gorgeous and she's not the smallest of people. We can't all be a size 8!

I do get comments about my weight and I have heard some nasty things that my so called friends have said behind my back but it's the sarcastic comments that hurt most. By sarcastic comments I mean when you walk past a group of teenage boys for instant and they shout 'you're so fit' or 'my mate wants you'. It does seem to really hurt. 

I've decided it is time to lose a bit of weight. Summer is coming up, the weather is gradually getting better, it is a good time to get out for walks and runs. 

I don't want to be like this forever, I know if I put the work in I can have a body similar to what I've always dreamt about. I don't want to be out of breathe after running up the stairs or not being able to finish the running in P.E.

I know being healthier will make me a lot happier as well. 

I've come up with 5 main goals for me and this weight loss:
1) Drink water before every meal. It fills you up a bit, make you eat less. It's also great for the skin, helps get rid of spots and will led to clearer skin. 

2) Walk the long way round. I mean this in a few ways, at school and at home. Say if I've got a lesson or got somewhere to go and a bit of time, I will walk the long way home. I also mean this in general, walking home from school and in everyday life. There's two ways to get back to my house, one that takes 5 minutes and one that takes 10. I will push myself to walk the long way everyday. 

3) No snacks between meals. I know my mum did recently lose a stone just from not snacking. I eat way too much crap between meals so whenever I'm hungry between meals from now on, I'm going to have a nice big glass of water to fill me up. 

4) Eat my 5 a day. As simple as it sounds, the goverment do recommend eating 5 fruit and vegetables a day for a reason. I am not the healthiest person at all and I really do think I could switch parts of my meals for healthier options.  

5) Work out. It is also recommended that you do a hour of exercise everyday, something I've never done. I really want to start making more of an effort with exercise and I did actually do a work out last night. I had a P.E lesson today and did about 30 minutes psychical exceeise so I'm going to do another 30 minutes tonight. 

I'm going to take this one day and one pound at a time. I'm going to push myself as hard as I can and really work for this. I'm doing it purely for myself, not for anyone else. Just myself and my health. 

Finding motivation will defiantly be the hardest part of all this but I know I can do it. I'm just going to think of the end result constantly. I will be tracking my process weekly with my Sundiary.

Any tips/tricks/advice/motivation would be deeply appreciated!

Put some upbeat songs on, go outside when the weathers nice and think of the end result. It will be worth it!


7 comments:

  1. This post is so inspiring! I love the quote "you have fat, you're not fat" because I think exactly the same way. I'm so glad that you're only doing it for you and not based on anyone else's opinions. Chin up beautiful, everyone will be jealous of you in the end! :)

    Lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This really did make me smile! I really do need this support right now and comments like this just make my day!

      I want to make everyone jealous, you know! I want to just be able to look back and think I did it!

      Lots of love xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Aw, I'm glad it made you smile! I'm always here for support or if you ever want to talk :) You definitely will do it! and that's the best motivation you'll need! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Being healthier really does make you happier! At least that's what I found once I shed weight! Keeping focus was the hardest for me, especially when there will always be so many things that can make you go off track! It seems like you are well on your way to achieving so many goals though girl! Keep it up! Can't wait to hear about your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does! I've honestly worked out for the last two days and eaten a lot healthier and I already feel sooo much happier! I know for me keeping focused will be hard but I have very supportive friends, family and P.E teachers who keep me motivated! I know all this morning after pain will be worth it!

    Thank you very much! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post which I can definitely relate too, I have always had a problem with my weight and I can never stick to diets which sucks. This list of 5 things is an excellent way to keep on top of things, i'm going to attempt to do them also! :)

    Sarah @ theblossomcart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete