Sunday 9 March 2014

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

It's no secret that this concealer isn't unknown to the 'online beauty world'. It seems as if every beauty guru has loved it at some point or another. I decided that it was time for a concealer change, before I was using the Barry M Correction Pen and I realised that it just wasn't enough coverage anymore. After searching around for a bit, I decided to try the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. The only other Collection product I've owned is the Collection Lasting Perfection powder and to be honest, I wasn't the slightest bit impressed with it.

I've inherited very dark under eye circles (thanks Dad!) and they make me feel really insecure sometimes. This concealer definitely has a lot more coverage and covers them up better, but it's still not good enough. I do have to use another concealer underneath to make sure it's fully covered.

Although this concealer is no good for under eye circles, it's great for spots and blemishes. I do have quite a lot of spots, 13 is an awkward age for spots and hormones, and it works miracles on them.

This concealer does claim to last for 16 hours but I find it rubs off within about 3, which was very disappointing. Even with a ton of Stay Matte powder over the top, it just tends to rub off. I would actually be very impressed if a concealer did last 16 hours.

The packaging is very basic and can also be opinionated as looking quite cheap. I found the writing rubs off really easily and quickly. The wand brush applicator style is also really unhygienic and can spread bacteria around your face, however, it is very easy to apply and blend.

This concealer is just £4.19, which I think is great for a concealer and I would really recommend it for covering up spots and blemishes. You could probably even use it for light under eye circles.

You can buy this concealer here and it is currently on sale in superdrug for £3.99.


18 comments:

  1. I love it so much! Such a staple!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this concealer too! One of my favs!
    Lovely post :)

    www.taylorscollectionn.com :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time favourite concealer. It's so so so good, I just can't fault it! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many great things about it but still haven't tried it since I can't get it in my country. One time it'll be mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this concealer but I completely agree with you it doesn't last for 16 hours but apart from that I find it hard to fault. Have you tried phowaar paint from 17 it's am amazing under eye concealer!
    Harriet xxxxx
    http://kosmetickaleidoscope.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any concealer will last 16 hours though! I've never even heard of it! Thank you for telling me about it, I will let you know how it goes :) xxxxx

      Delete
  6. I've still not tried this! The Maybelline Fit Me concealer has always been the one for me :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about that one, I think it is important to go out of your comfort zone sometimes though :) xx

      Delete
  7. Best concealer ever! I'm so happy you got it!! I'm exactly the same as you as I've also inherited dark under eye circles, and I agree it's much better for blemishes, I have yet to find a concealer for dark circles :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed reply!! Glad you feel the same way! Xx

      Delete
  8. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't own this! Until now that is! Just bought it to help cover that awful thing that's on my chin! lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I thought I was the only person not to try it! x

      Delete
  9. Love you blog! It is very entertaining and useful. Check out my blog

    www.itsmeines.com

    ReplyDelete