Sunday 25 May 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag?

In my makeup bag, I carry around all the products I use everyday that I need to top up daily like concealor, powder, mascara etc. I don't carry stuff like BB cream and foundation but this is what I use on an everyday basis. 

My current makeup bag is this red plastic one, it's from Jack Wills and it's so easy to clean as it's rubber. 
The BB cream I use daily is Witch naturally clear anti-blemish beauty balm. I got this at a car boot sale and it is a really good BB cream. It has witch hazel in it, which is amazing for the skin and it's just so easy to blend and makes my foundation go on very nicely. 

The foundation I am using at the moment is Rimmel's Match Perfection. I'm not really sure if I like this foundation or not yet but when it's finished, I don't think I'm going to purchase it again. I just really like the bottle haha!

I use a couple of pumps of Soap and Glory's Hocus Focus with my foundation. It is a liquid highlighter but you can also use it with your foundation, like I do. It makes my foundation look so shiny and my skin look amazing! 
I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply my BB cream and foundation. I then use a Superdrug powder brush for powder, Bobbi Brown powder brush for bronzer and the Real Techniques contour brush for blusher. 

I use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder on top of my foundation. It takes the shine away and makes it look more Matte and natural. I have repurchased this powder many times and it is by far one of my favourites. 

I currently use a No 7 bronzer, I love this bronzer. I find most bronzers are just too weak and just fall apart when you rub your brush around but this one is great. It is nearing the end and I have been trying to find it but no luck so far!

I also use this MUA blusher in the shade Bubble Gum. I have had very mixed emotions towards this blusher as I find it's very bright. You really don't need much and have to blend it in very well but I think if you do make sure it's done properly, it looks good. 
I use Collection Lasting Perfection concealor in the shade Warm Medium 3. As much as I love this concealor, all the writing rubbed off after not long and it just looks really cheap now. 

I have purchased quite a few of these and I find they do, do the job. 
I use Rimmel The Falsies mascara and I doubt I'll ever use anything else. Although I've been complimenting buying Benefits They're Real, I think this is the best drugstore mascara. 

I use MUA's intense colour eyeliner for my waterline and Rimmel Scandal Eyes thick and thin for my cat flicks. I love both eyeliners, both give a really nice effect. 

This seems really strange to most people but I actually use brown eyeliner to fill my eyebrows in. I don't like using eyeshadow or eyebrow pencils as I find eyeshadow doesn't last all day and eyebrow pencils very waxy and unnatural. 

I use NYC's Kohl Kajal eyeliner in chocolate brown, it makes my eyebrows look very natural but a bit stronger. 

I also use Benefit's High Brow and I can not express my love for this product. It is my favourite thing I've ever bought and so worth the money I spent on it. You put it under your eyebrows and it makes them look lifted and amazing! I will write a separate blog post on it but it's just such a good product!

No comments:

Post a Comment