Saturday 22 March 2014

Clumpy Mascara?

I'm not the best at doing my mascara, infact I'm probably the worst. I'm always looking for tips to stop getting such clumpy lashes as I think it's more my technique than the mascara I'm using. 

My older sister knows a lot about makeup so I went to her and asked for some help and she said that my mascara (Maybelline The Falsies' has dried out and that I should add some salvine solution. At first it really helped but after a few days, I found my clumpy, disgusting lashes returning. 

The other day I was flicking through a beauty magazine that my mum bought during her lunch break and I noticed it said 'clumpy lashes?' So I started reading. 

It said that to stop clumpy lashes, you should put a bit of olive oil on a cotton bud and just run it through your eyelashes. I went into the kitchen and asked my dad if we had any olive oil. His reply was 'yes, we have loads. Why do you want it?' I explained as best as I could that it stops clumpy mascara and he, the absolutey hilarious man he is (sarcasm!), said that he gets that problem as well. 

I poured a bit of olive oil into my old eye makeup remover bottle as I was instructed to not put cotton buds into the bottle of olive oil as we need that to cook. 

The next morning I tried it and the results are so noticeable! It really does stop clumpiness. 

However, the only downside is that it's very greasy and feels horrible if you accidentally get it on your skin, like I did. 

Excuse the awful pictures, I'm not a photographer (as you can probably tell!) I didn't realise how hard it was to take a picture of your own eye!

Before:

After:

2 comments:

  1. Ooh what a fab tip! I've never heard of this before, but I'll definitely try it! Taking pictures of your own eye is SO hard isn't it?! Haha xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Glad you read this then!! Let me know how you get on!:) and isn't it just!!! Xx

      Delete