Monday 14 April 2014

March Favourites

In March, I tried a lot of new products. If you read my Beauty Stockpile post then you'll know I got a lot of stuff from my mum this month and I've been trying out loads of them. 

I've picked my favourites based on what I've used most in March.

Lush Face Mask- Cupcake
I haven't used a facemask from Lush in about a year as recently I've been buying the peel on peel off ones. I was in Lush, looking at the facemasks and I thought some of them looked absolutely disgusting. What would possess you to make a face mask out of onions? 

At £5.95 (what I paid, looking at the lush mobile - YEEEES!! - website, it looks like it's gone up to £6.25?) this facemask is so worth it. Although the pot is small, it is quite solid and it is full. It's also so thick so you don't have to use much.  

Soap and Glory - Foam Call
Although I bought this for my mum for Mother's Day, I may have 'borrowed' it ;). 

I absolutely love the Soap and Glory names, it reminds me of Benefit. This shower gel smells amazing and it lathers so well. I like to use it in the bath as well, it makes so many bubbles!

RRP: £6.50 

Barry M Nail Varnish - Aquatic Collection
I have only bought 2 of the nail varnishes from this collection but they are my new favourites. The colours are just absolutely gorgeous and really remind me of mermaids. 

I will be purchasing the whole collection but for now, I've just got these two. 

RRP: £3.99 

No7 Beautiful Skin- BB Cream
I feel like I'm not complete without something under my foundation but on top of my moistruiser. I know a lot of people use Primer but I hate it. I think it's overpriced, overrated and very hard to blend. 

This BB cream is quite thin but thick enough to cover your spots and blemishes. It really reduces the amount of concealor I have to use as well. 

RRP: £13.50 

Yves Saint Laurent - Paris Perfume
I'm never sure how to write the name of this brand let alone say it. I've never been sure if it's YvesSaintLaurent or Yves Saint Laurent (please tell me if you know!). I just call it YSL. 

This was a perfume I got from my mum's beauty stockpile and it just smells amazing. It's so sweet and so strong. 

I had it on yesterday morning and I walked past strangers on my way to school and even they turned around and said 'mm what perfume are you wearing?!'

It's so strong, you really don't need much. I didn't use any this morning but I did yesterday and I can still smell it! 

I'm not sure if they still sell it anymore and they probably have nicer scents but I really like this one. 

Deep Sea Premiere - Mud Mask
This a very strange thing. It's a mud mask but instead of just applying it and rubbing it off, it comes with a magnet to remove it. 

You put it all over your face, leave it for 5 minutes and then take it off with the magnet. You're left with an oily layer that you then remove with cleansing milk. It works absolute miracles for your skin.

This was also a product I got off my mum. She spent £80 on this and was always too scared to use it as she has sensitive skin. It's such a shame as it's such a great product.  

The 1975 
This is a bit if a random favourite. The 1975 are a band that remind me of Bastille and Arctic Monkeys (my two favourite bands!)

Their songs are so beautiful and their voices are just perfect. I've really enjoyed listening to them first thing in the morning. 

5SOS - She Looks So Perfect
I noticed a while ago that people on twitter were going crazy about this band and I thought they were just another All Time Low or Bring Me To The Horizon - two amazing bands but very out of my comfort zone. 

I first heard this song at the end of February on the radio and I've had it stuck in my head for the rest of March! I've been singing it so much and annoying everyone!  

* THIS POST WAS UPLOADED AT THE BEGINNING OF MARCH BUT I WENT TO CHANGE A SPELLING MISTAKE AND SOMEHOW REUPLOADED IT, GRRRRRR *

1 comment: