Wednesday 16 April 2014

Pancakes Anyone?

After my FAILED pancakes on pancake day, I promised myself I'd practice before next year! 

This week and last week I've been home alone with my older sister, who can't cook OR clean, and we've been pretty much living off chicken nuggets and pasta. 

I saw someone on tv eating pancakes this morning and thought 'I really fancy pancakes' so I made them..

I followed the BBC food recipe and changed a few bits. I realised that the recipe said you needed for more milk and butter than you actually need. 

I used- 
♥ 110g Plain Flour (sifted)
♥ Pinch of Salt
♥ 2 Eggs
♥ 200ml Milk (which was far too much)
♥ 50g Butter (again, far too much)

1) Sieve the flour into a bowl and add a lunch of salt. 

2) Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and crack the eggs in it. Then whisk the eggs making sure you mix the dry ingredients in. 

3) Add small amounts of milk whilst whisking. 

4) Whisk until smooth using an electric whisker (if you don't have one, just keep using a whisk/fork until smooth).

5) Melt your butter in a pan. When melted, put 2 tablespoons into the mixture and leave the rest so the pancakes don't stick. 

6) Pour your pancake mix in and enjoy!

You can serve with the classic lemon and sugar, chocolate ice cream sauce or whatever your preference is. I had lemon and sugar on mine with some fruit on the side. 

It is really simple and a lot of fun to flip and make! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment